Thursday, May 14, 2009

Thing 46 - WebJunction Minnesota

This is kind of a nice website, but once again we come up against the problem of decentralizing the process. I don't like the idea of discussion pages only coming out of specific groups, because then you decrease the amount of traffic that will look at each dicsussion. There should be levels of discussion pages - ie, not only for individual groups but for affiliations (like Minnesota) and for the WebJunction website as a whole. Then there would be more people checking out the topics, and since they clearly already have the technology for the message boards, it shouldn't be a problem to implement them in more universal ways.

I am speaking this way because I just took one of the free courses on marketing, and it turns out I'm really good at it! I got low percentages on the term definition part because I don't know all the industry jargon (obviously), but in the simulation parts I made good marketing decisions and sol the products well. Anyway, I'm in the zone of identifying implementation needs and strategies. So they should increase the discussion boards and make the whole thing more user friendly.

0 angry letters: