Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Thing 26 Part 1

So here's my idea for a format. Since we're scheduled to work on these blogs an hour at a time during work, I don't necessarily have 100% flexibility on when I get all this going. So I think at the end of an hour of experimentation with the Thing I'm working on I'll write a part 1 with initial impressions and experiences. Then as I mess with it over a couple days and let it sink in, I'll prepare a part 2 that I post later on. That way if some kind of application for its use comes to me, or something goes wrong with it that I have to fix, I can add that to the later entry.

So anyway, Ning. Initial impressions.

It seems kind of like facebook or other kinds of social networking types, but way toned down. You can set up a profile and add pictures and stuff, but it seems kinda haphazard and not organized too well - the videos and pictures are all just kind of dumped onto their own pages in a pile. You can sort through them, and you can search if you need to, but it seems like a weird setup.
That said, I think the idea of a social networking site for all the Things users to group together is a GREAT idea. This way if anyone has questions or problems we can check it out there. I hope we all continue visiting throughout the process. Deal?

0 angry letters: